Family Visas

Contributory Parents Visa

This visa requires that you be sponsored by your child, or another eligible sponsor, in Australia.

Who is eligible for a Contributory Parent Visa?

You must be the parent of a child who is settled in Australia and is an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

You must be sponsored by an eligible sponsor. Usually, your child will sponsor you. If your child is under 18 years you may also be sponsored by your child’s spouse, a close family relative or guardian of your child, a close family relative or guardian of your child’s spouse or a community organization.

You must have a commitment by a person prepared to provide you with an Assurance of Support.

Other Requirements for a Contributory Parent Visa

The balance of family test requires that half your children must be permanently resident in Australia or you have more children permanently resident in Australia than any other overseas single country.

This visa can be applied for onshore if you do not have restrictions on your current visa.

Benefits of a Contributory Parent Visa

This visa allows parents to migrate to Australia permanently to join their children who are living in Australia.